- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, 2016
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, 2012
- B.A., Psychology, 2009
Clinician, June 2014 – Present
- Individual psychotherapy for those diagnosed with any medical condition resulting in hospitalization
- Leading and/or co-leading psychotherapy groups including Trauma as well as Coping/Mindfulness Groups
- Consultation service available for both doctors and patients in need at critical moments, such as initial diagnosis or pre-treatment
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, dieticians, and professionals in complementary medicine
Clinician, June 2013 – June 2014
- Individual psychotherapy for those diagnosed with any form of cancer.
- Leading and/or co-leading psychotherapy groups including: Women’s Cancer Survivor Group, Women’s Intimacy & Sexuality Group, Anxiety/Fear of Recurrence Group, Coping/Mindfulness Group
- Group therapy for smoking cessation for non-medical patients, and conducting telephone-based counseling sessions
- Consultation service available for both doctors and patients in need at critical moments, such as initial diagnosis or first chemotherapy treatment
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including medical oncologists, oncology nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, dieticians, and professionals in complementary medicine.
Clinician, June 2012 – June 2013
- Administration and scoring of neuropsychological assessment measures
- Measure interpretation and report writing
Clinician, August 2011 – June 2012
- Assessment and intervention for a diverse community mental health population employing a wide variety of intervention techniques.
Clinician, June 2011 – Present
- Member of the Weight and Eating team responsible for individual therapy with clients experiencing difficulty in losing weight and associated health and psychosocial stressors.
- Member of the Depression team responsible for individual therapy with clients experiencing a wide variety of psychosocial stressors resulting in depression and comorbid disorders.
- Member of the Health Psychology team responsible for individual therapy with clients experiencing a wide variety of health concerns.
- Member of the Problem Solving Therapy team responsible for initial assessment and case conceptualization.
Clinic Assistant, August 2010 – June 2011
- Conduct phone screenings for potential new clients.
- Assign new clients to appropriate clinic teams.
- Build and organize client charts.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed.
Premedical Assistant, March 2008 – December 2008
Long Term Care and Emergency Medicine Units, The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Supervisor: Mel Kearny, R.N.
- Provide meals and general assistance to patients.
- Shadow clinical staff.
- Create and disseminate digital media related to hospital programs.
Fizur, P. (2014, April). Positive Parenting Strategies. Lecture and Latte Series. Lecture conducted from Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ.
Fizur, P. (2014, April). Coping With What Life Throws Your Way: Distress Tolerance for Individuals with Cancer. Signature Classes Series. Lecture conducted from Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ.
“The Society for Implementation Research Collaboration: Pursuing a Rigorous and Innovative Future for Implementation Science.” Implementation Science. (Submitted for Initial Review)
Tiwari, Shilpee, Philip C. Kendall, Alexandra L. Hoff, Julie P. Harrison, and Philip J. Fizur. “Characteristics of Exposure Sessions as Predictors of Treatment Response in Anxious Youth.” Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (2012): Accepted for Publication
Collaborator, August 2013 – Present
- Statistics consultant providing data transformation services, analysis consultation, and graph production.
Planning and Committee Member, June 2011 – Present
- Assisting in the organization of a 3-conference series on dissemination and implementation (DIS) of evidence based psychosocial interventions. Creator and co-maintainer of the conference website and data repository at http://www.seattleimplementation.org/
- Developing the web application component of the Measures Project, a comprehensive Review of Dissemination and Implementation Science Instruments, available for preview at http://www.seattleimplementation.org/sirc-projects/sirc-measures-project/
Member, June 2011 – Present
- Assisting in the construction of health related measures, analysis of data, implantation of new research projects, and participant recruitment.
Planning and Committee Member, June 2011 – Present
- Assisted in the organization of the Annual Showcase for the Science of Psychology and its Application featuring The 33rd Annual Grimes Lecture.
- Recruited poster presenters
- Organized abstracts
- Designed program for the evening
Research Assistant, May 2011 – January 2012
Department of Behavioral Medicine, Cooper Cancer Institute, Voorhees, NJ
Supervisor: Cori McMahon, Psy.D.
- Coordinate development of the POST-B Quality of Life Scale
- Recruit individuals at initial appointment
- Schedules and administer follow-up interviews at weeks three and five
- Compile and coordinate data between study sites
Research Assistant, January 2008 – August 2010
- Rate sessions to evaluate collaboration and youth involvement in exposure tasks.
- Rate sessions to evaluate the presence of certain session components (e.g., processing of exposures) for outcome predictability purposes.
- Observe and rate therapist behavior to determine effectiveness of training for community clinicians in evidence-based practice.
- Provide technical assistance where needed for software, web applications, and development of material related to various projects.
Senior Thesis, May 2009
- Parkinson’s Disease with Comorbid Depression: An Etiological Review and Argument for an Integrated Psychotherapeutic Treatment Approach
Teaching and Supervisory Experience
Peer Tutor, September 2007-May 2008
- Assisted fellow Psychology students with course material and writing assignments.
Conference Presentations (Posters)
- Beidas, R., Edmunds, J., Fizur, P., and Kendall, P.C. (November, 2010). Training in an Empirically Supported Treatment: Therapist Interest, Recruitment, and Preliminary Demographics. Poster accepted to the 43rd annual conference of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, New York, New York.
- Tiwari, S., Harrison, J. P., Fizur, P., Mychailyszyn, M.P., & Kendall, P.C. (November,
2010). Characteristics of Exposure Sessions as Predictors of Differential Treatment Response in a Sample of Anxious Youth. Poster session presented at the meeting of the Association of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies, San Francisco
Graduate Studies Web Developer, January 2012 – Present
- Promote graduate activity through web publications
- Update existing content and identify new content for each graduate program
Assistant Director of Information Technology, March 2004 – August 2010
- Plan and implement technology infrastructure for the College of Liberal Arts, including HIPAA compliant data servers and applications.
- Build and maintain databases as well as applications and websites for data access.
- Maintenance and development of systems, including the Temple University Neurocognition Laboratory server.
- Core Planning Committee Member, Junior Colleague
- 2011 – Present, The NIMH-funded Seattle Implementation & Research Conference
- American Psychological Association, Student Member
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Student Member
- Society of Behavioral Medicine, Student Member
Certifications and Trainings
HIV Mental Health Service Delivery Training
- Training in HIV Virology, Clinical Course, Medical Treatment, Epidemiology, and HIV Testing; Integrating Primary and Behavioral Health into HIV/AIDS Care; Mental Health Assessment Issues and Strategies for the HIV-infected Population; Mental Health Intervention Strategies for the HIV/AIDS Population; Prevention Issues HIV/AIDS for Mental Health Providers; HIV/AIDS and Families; Work in the Lives of HIV-infected Individuals: Roles for Psychologists; Drug Use, Abuse, and HIV/AIDS; and, HIV/AIDS and the Transgender Population.
Ethical Issues and HIV/AIDS: A Multi-Disciplinary Mental Health Services Curricula
- Training in a model for ethical decision-making; how to analyze complex HIV cases in terms of five foundational ethical principles in conjunction with professional ethics codes; explore how the ethical decision making model applies to a case study; apply the ethical decision making model to an HIV mental health case study.
Protecting Human Research Participants, January 2011
- Addresses the principles used to define ethical research using humans and the regulations, policies, and guidance that describe the implementation of those principles.